Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
On 30 October 2010 09:59, Alexander Klenin  wrote:
Are you sure you do not want to use Github?

There is nothing wrong with SourceForge.net't git setup, it works just
as good as GitHub. The benefit of SourceForge is that they give you
plenty of other "project related tools" too. eg: a location for a
website, various bug trackers, wikis, mailing lists etc etc... So for
overall project management, SourceForge is a much better choice.

Just encountered a problem: when I add FPDoc documentation, currently residing in compiler/docs/, the content should be available in all branches, updates should not be affected by checking out other branches.

Questions to the gurus:

How can I add this directory to the git repository, so that it is available as a self-contained project/branch?

Since most of the (current) documentation applies to FPC in general, where should such documentation reside, in the (SVN) directory tree? How to separate general docs from branch-related docs?

DoDi