On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Nikolay Nikolov <
nick...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 11/26/2010 10:42 AM, Max Vlasov wrote:
>

>> Is anyone aware of similar concept in any other OOP language?
>>
> Yes, C++ has it:
> http://duramecho.com/ComputerInformation/WhyHowCppConst.html
>
> It's true that it's a little bit messy, but that's pretty much the norm
> with everything in C++ ;-)

Thanks, Nikolay, it's interesting information, when I tried to search before
I posted, I didn't use "const", only "read only" so did not find anything. I
already see that it never would be implemented the similar way since in
contrary to  C++ const objects in pascal already can do whatever they want.

Also searching now, found a post

http://community.freepascal.org:10000/bboards/message?message_id=256912&forum_id=24082

Where was question about const, but it seems that primary discussion was
about optimization, not preventing from occasional modification.

Max Vlasov