On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

--- On Fri, 3/11/11, michael.vancann...@wisa.be <michael.vancann...@wisa.be>
wrote:

From: michael.vancann...@wisa.be <michael.vancann...@wisa.be>
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel] Fcl-Web 404 error
To: "FPC developers' list" <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org>
Date: Friday, March 11, 2011, 11:59 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> Hi, does anyone knows how to return a correct 404
error from an fcl-web cgi app?.
> > I'm doing this: > > procedure TFPWebModule1.myRequest(Sender: TObject;
>  ARequest: TRequest; AResponse: TResponse; var
Handled: boolean); begin
>  AResponse.Code := 404;
>  AResponse.CodeText := 'Not Found';
>  Handled := True;
> end;
> > I use this because my Apache has an .htaccess's
"ErrorDocument 404 ..."
> directive to take actions when 404 errors are found,
but this is not
> working with my CGI.  In my case, the contents
(empty) sent by the CGI are
> shown in the client side, while I whould like to show
the 404 message
> generated by Apache.

Then you should add it to
  AResponse.Content:='The html';

Michael.

Thanks Michael, but it's a little more complicated than that.

I need the 404 error to be handled by Apache, not by my app. I need this
because I'm trying to let Apache search in a 2nd server when an 404 error is
returned by the first server.

I don't think the CGI protocol supports that.

You'll have to consult the Apache docs.