On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 17:09 +0200, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

> A couple of things that come to mind:

Note that you can build your own add-ins. I used it to build a
Lazarus-add-in, so that you can install Lazarus-components. It is not
ideal yet, but you can use this approach to add functionality, without
having to adapt fpmkunit.pp.

> - generation of documentation (fpdoc and possible other??)
> - compilation of example files
> - compilation and running of the testsuite
> - generation of the classchart
> - execute fpmake from command line (see thread by mattias : "run pascal
> programs as script") for this we would need instantfpc to support win32 and
> it should be supplied as a standard fpc tool
> - implement the creation of installer (scripts) for all platforms
> - implement a binary zip option
> - managing debug/release builds (also cross-compiling)
> - cmake like system (display and store information on builds and test suites,
> etc)

Some of these ideas are long standing items on the wish-list. And what I
miss is Lazarus-integration. In which we have to decide if we want to
create some units that can be used by Lazarus, or a library that can be
called...

But if you want a/my road-map:

1: Let the fpc-installers create fppkg configuration files (almost done,
needs a lot of testing)
2: Build some packages from fpc itself with fpmake in trunk. Use it as a
field-test. (testing that locally, I wanted to commit it last week but
I've found a new issue, probably in trunk very soon)
3: Improvement of version-handling
4: Multi-threading

I still want to try to use fpmake to build the packages of fpc 2.6.0.

> Of course these are all nice to haves, but agreeing what is in and what
> definitely not does not hurt. All "out of scope" functionality could be added
> to an external fmkextunit.

Indeed, as add-ins.

Joost.