Am 05.04.2011 04:27, schrieb Paul Ishenin:
05.04.2011 3:51, Sven Barth wrote:

Both "class helpers" and "record helpers" are implemented and work as
Delphi compatible as reasonably possible.

Congratulations.

Thank you.

Some notes regarding the tests:
* three record helper tests (trhlp*) fail, because nested types are not
supported by (advanced) records (two should fail nevertheless, because
they try to access (strict) private helpers, the third should succeed)

Nested types in records are supported actually. Maybe you found a bug?

It seems so. I'll report them shortly as I've written tests for them.

* three more record helper tests fail, because the abbreviated syntax to
access default properties is not supported

Indeed, I forgot about this feature during the implementation.

Will report a bug as well.

Regarding performance:
For projects that don't use helper types (like currently all code
provided by FPC) there isn't much speed difference, because
1. I check whether a symtable contains a helper at all (using the new
symtable options) before searching through it when it's pushed on the
symtable stack
2. I check whether the current module contains helped types at all

We probably can extend these tricks for other types and may be speedup
the compiler.

I think your branch should be reviewed either by Florian or by Jonas
before the merge.