06.04.2011 12:56, Joost van der Sluis пишет:
Another disaster occurs when I try to use the same source tree from different
OSes.
Say first I build in Linux, it successfully creates the
'/packages/fcl-web/fpmake' executable. After
that building from Windows fails since it attempts to run the Linux fpmake
without rebuilding it.
`make clean' from Windows does not remove Linux executable (tries to remove the
'fpmake.exe' or does
not remove it at all, or maybe for some other reason). Removing it by hand
solves the problem.

The reason that fpmake is not removed, is that you need it to do the
clean. But maybe I can let the akefile compile fpmake, then run it to do
the cleanup, and then remove the executable again.

I was seeing it from the point "one system does not touch files created by/for the other system", to be honest.
The things are going to get even more interesting when cross-compilation comes
in...

To solve your actual problem, we could add a suffix to the fpmake
executable name in case it is build by the Makefile. fppkg can simply
check if the existing executable does work, and if not, re-compile it.

...it will end up with a directory containing (hosts * targets) fpmake
executables?
Just-in-time recompilation looks somewhat better in comparison with that :)

Regards,
Sergei