On Sun, 22 May 2011, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

On May 22, 2011, at 6:04 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

While working on the lazarus GUI I could not find evidence that fppkg is
capable of supporting multiple repositories. As far as I can tell the
mirrors.xml is always downloaded from the freepascal server and only holds some
alternatives to get the packages from.
I think it would be a nice feature if users could setup their own repositories
and only have to distribute a repository manifest file (or URL) that will be
merged with the local mirrors.xml, subsequently the packages are automatically
updated into packages.xml.
Is this idea eligible for support before I start working on this?

Having this was the idea from day one. Strange that you could not find this ?
Can you point out to me how this is supposed to work then? I modified the
mirrors.xml file manually but it got overwritten by the version from the
freepascal repository. How are you supposed to add additional mirrors? Also the packages, how do you distinguish which package comes from which
mirror?  I believe you when you say this was planned, but was it
implemented?

The idea at the time was to have a different fppkg configuration for each repository, not to have everything in 1 configuration.

I assume that you want something like apt-get, where there is a file with known repositories, and that fppkg scans all repositories.
I suppose that may be easier. If you have ideas how this can be done, I'm open
for suggestions.