Jonas (or whoever else might care to answer),

I've been scratching my head trying to figure out which issue to
follow in mantis regarding this bug. I *think* from what I've reading
the issue has been resolved completely (I haven't got a trunk testing
environment set up to test it), so hopefully you can straighten me
out.

Issue 14958 ("Cannot unload shared library") was logged and then
fixed, but it caused a regression which I logged as issue 17383
("unhandled exception caught by .so's handler causes infinite loop").
You reverted the regression, and then it appears later committed
revision 16418 to once again resolve issue 14958.

I can see however that there are still relationships between 14958 and
14959 (closed) and 12492 (still open). But I don't think the issue of
the .so unloading is directly affected by that issue.

Anyway, there were a lot of commits and revisions and
interdependencies between these issues, but I think what I'm taking
away from all of this is that the issue has been, in your estimation,
fully resolved: that shared libraries can now be successfully unloaded
(14958), and that the unhandled exception regression no longer occurs
(17383). Is that correct? And it appears that these fixes were
implemented in 2.5.1+ and not ported back to 2.4.4, is that also
correct?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover