Andrew Brunner  wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markmll.fpc-de...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
1.) Update Value                  : 40734.825668912039
2.) Actual Value after update :     40734.8256689120
3.) Actual Value on read       :    40734.825668912003
Does MySQL come with an "official" program that you can use to run queries
manually? What happens when you use it to store and retrieve that number?

1.) is a value declared as double and viewed under GDB.
2.) is a value viewed in table data in MySQL Console App under Linux.
3.) Is the value retrieved from the table by the Application using the
Select statement and Fields.FieldByName(field_name).AsFloat()

I am still experiencing this issue and seeking alternatives b/c I'm
using all 12 digits - and am expecting all 12 digits.  Can someone
update the (Fields.Data variant as double) with a binary send instead
of converting to a string?
IMO it will require use in mysqlconn.inc new API "prepare family" functions introduced in MySQL 5
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/c-api-prepared-statement-function-overview.html

In current implementation (backward compatible with older MySQL versions) there is no only problem with sending values, but also retrieved values are strings (see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-fetch-row.html)

-Laco.