Marc Weustink wrote:
Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

I hope to have an SGI machine in a few days, provided that it works
(it's been stored in a garage) I might be able to look at mips as well
as mipsel.

If the SGI doesn't work, I;ll try to startup mine and give you remote access to it. (I got it in a runnable state, but never had the time to power it up at my home)

It turned out to be a radio ham's garage, rather than the garden variety. FPC for IRIX, anybody? :-)

I hope everybody appreciates that that was a poor attempt at a joke. MIPS (or rather, I think, mipsel) seems to be getting a bit of attention due to Tilera's efforts, SGI appears to be involved but I think that they're using the chips as coprocessors rather than reconstituting their classic MIPS-based supercomputers as "systems on a chip".

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk