Is this "branching" somehow related to preparation of release some next version of FPC (2.5.x ? or so) ? I am asking because, there are waiting some bugs/features which I would be happy see fixed before any major release. Can I see somewhere on web some planed time schedule or anouncements about next releases ?
TIA
-Laco.
Hello,

today I branched branches/fixes_2_6, the basis for a new fixes branch that
will become 2.6.0 eventually.

After branching I updated the trunk version to 2.7.1, which might need your
build and package scripts to be adapted, as well as the symlinks of ppc386
on *nix.

Before branching all makefiles were regenerated, so an update will be big.

Marco