they could even save more time, it they would use Lazarus ;-)
That's the one part they - Embarcadero - are still miles ahead in productivity and reliability. Lazarus is workable - more than that - but still cannot compete with Delphi in productivity - but that of course is for Windows only. I use both, but I use an Delphi IDE for development. The second part might be their new framework.

Still, it is good news and I rather like the idea of Delphi as a development environment for the FreePascal toolchain.