On 08/23/2011 08:39 AM, David Welch wrote:

I figure most folks would not want to sink to the lowest common denominator.

I feel that M3 and friends might be worth investing in thumb support for "embedded" devices. But I understand that the more relevant targets for ARM-FPC seem to be Smartphones, Tablet PCs, mini-Servers and upcoming high performance cortex A15 Servers. Her I feel that thumb does not make much sense, while most legacy ARM hardware does not _need_ thumb based software, even it would be able to run it.

Just my version of the rule of thumb. :)

-Michael