On 09/12/2011 11:51 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
) debugger, I only want *better* high-level (language specific) support in Lazarus. Finally I want to debug applications, not an new debugger with different behaviour and restrictions on every platform ;-)
A multi-arch compiler should come with decent support for compatible multi-arch enabled debugging including remote-debugging, for cross-compiling environment.

In so far I'm not very interested in commandline and remote debugging,
I suppose (like gdb) the debugger needs to consist of "stubs" that run the executable under test and communicate via some byte-stream interface with a user interface. This given, remote debugging should not offer any additional challenge and a command-line interface is the obvious starting point before doing a complex GUI (e.g. integrated in an IDE)

-Michael