On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Michael Schnell <mschn...@lumino.de> wrote:
> IMHO, if we really can work with the gdb team on feeding the necessary
> Object-Pascal specific add-ons into gdb, creating a new debugger from
> scratch does not make any sense at all.

That's true. The only thing concerns me about that, is there's no
really a standard in GDB (i can be wrong). But I've seen a lot of
issues in Lazarus gdb-support, because of the different builds of GDB
used.

Also, IRC, Apple forked gdb (as well other gnu-tools) to make it
usable for their own needs (iDevice debugging support).
I'm not sure, if the latest changes of gdb are there in the Apple gdb,
I would assume they're there.

thanks,
Dmitry