On 09/15/2011 01:26 PM, cobines wrote:

I see. Then people switching from Delphi/Ansi to Lazarus/UTF-8 will
have problems if they are not aware they have to adjust their
applications.
Switching from Lazarus-pre-Unicode, Delphi pre-Unicode and Delphi-Unicode will cause this problems (for not completely English applications).

I don't have a Delphi-Unicode version, so I don't know what problems will arrive when switching from Delphi pre-Unicode to Delphi-Unicode, when the application is automatically converted to use NewDelphiStgrings (and supposedly the 32 Bit Unicode Char type). But I was told there are some.

-Michael