On 15 September 2011 20:52, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> When I want a program for German or French users, I'll hire an coder with
> experience in those *languages*, not with experience only in Unicode.

Why? We simply hired average people (not programmers) to translate
your English resource strings into German, Portuguese, French etc.. No
other modifications where required. No code or programs had to be
recompiled. Our resource strings are stored in external .po file that
ship with our application.

And yes, fpGUI has an option to change the default language from
English to any other language. So we could recompile our app to
default to German - thus no external German .po file is needed. But we
have never had a need to do that.

  - Graeme -