Am 30.09.2011 15:02, schrieb Joost van der Sluis:
Hi all,

For all those who are interested in new debug-features of fpc and gdb, I
have cross-compiled a gdb-executable for Windows.

It's based on the Fedora-16 branch from the Archer project. But I added
a few patches of my own, namely the patch to recognize methods, setting
case-sensitivity off by default and a patch to allow evaluating
method-values (without actually calling them.)

With this gdb-version you can:
- Print strings properly, this means that indexes are evaluated properly
and strings can contain #0 characters (when compiled with -gw3)
- Dynamic array are evaluated properly (when compiled with -gw3)
- Case of identifiers are preserved (when compiled with -gw3)
- It is possible to identify class-methods (fpc 2.7.1 only)
- It is possible to call simple class-methods (fpc 2.7.1 only. Some
problems on i386 regarding the calling conventions remain, and there
seems to be some problems still with overridden functions)

Please test this gdb-version, and tell me about your experiences.
Especially Martin. ;)

Oh, you can download it here:
http://www.lazarussupport.com/gdb_lazarssupport_20110930.zip

Did you get also a libgdb.a which you could provide for the fpc ide?