Am 12.10.2011 14:24, schrieb Michael Schnell:
On 10/12/2011 02:09 PM, Sven Barth wrote:

Basically both, as both rely on and use the fact that "AnsiString[i] =
AnsiChar" and "SizeOf(AnsiChar) = 1" and also "UnicodeString[i] =
UnicodeChar" and "SizeOf(UnicodeChar) = 2".
Yep.

But what I wanted to ask is what happens, if I disregard this, e.g using
the "wrong" String type as a parameter when calling a function or when
using "SetCodePage" in a "creative" way. What about Type casting ?

There will be a conversion. Like was done before the code page aware string as well. And then you might experience data loss if you e.g. cast a UnicodeString with some fancy Unicode characters to an encoding which doesn't support these characters (same as before).