I ran into my own problem when writing a program in freepascal that also should compile in Delphi (don't ask) Logically you would expect $mode delphi to enforce delphi compatibility at the sourcecode level. But this is not the case if f.e. C style operators are used or specified, or macro's.
I accidentally used the former in my code.
Shouldn't it be better if compatibility is enforced both ways?

I am sure this would have been discussed before.
Shouldn't the compiler at least generate a hint or possibly a warning, when non-delphi compatible syntax is used in delphi mode? Or with a bit more logic, shouldn't those options be excluded by $mode delphi and -Mdelphi?

Or if this is inconvenient something like $mode strictdelphi?

Thaddy