On Fri, 9 Dec 2011, Marco van de Voort wrote:

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
for it ...

I have this on my todo list.

The main problem is that I don't know yet if it is Linux-specific or Posix.
That will determine which unit it will be added to. Maybe Marco knows more ?

No idea.

But maybe IMHO this kind of stuff should remain out of sysutils, certainly now
it is not entirely clear, and people are still searching for solutions.

That's not the question.

clock_gettime is a linux kernel call. No-one is proposing to add it to sysutils.

The question is whether clock_gettime is POSIX, and if BSD has it.
The linux man page seems to say it is POSIX 2001. My question is if BSD has it.

If so, it can be added to baseunix/unix, instead of linux.