On 09/12/11 15:40, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Henry Vermaak said:
them, instead of pulling this into the core. (iow, like the users package)

I don't understand.  Why link to libc for these?  They are syscalls, if

Are they? On any OS and arch that calls itself posix or unix?

That's a question, not an answer.  We have a linux unit, for instance.

Or maybe, the question should be the opposite, why not? Why shouldn't such
peripheral calls NOT be taken from libc?

Because you don't have to link to libc when you have a syscall?

Henry