Am 18.01.2012 16:58, schrieb Jonas Maebe:
Then there is the second part of this inquiry which is:

$CROSS - various options I haven't decided yet

A most desperately missing feature - Cross Reference generation. I can
always write a cross-reference program, and in fact I'm working on one
because I can't find the nice one I had that was written about 20
years ago that did much of what I'm thinking of now, but a
cross-reference function should be part of the compiler since the
compiler "knows" which reference the person is referring to

There is actually already some code for that in the compiler, although
it is quite outdated and no longer used. It's in the
compiler/browcol.pas unit. It writes (wrote) out symbol browsing
information that can (could) be used by the fp IDE. I don't think it
included back references from places where those symbols are used inside
the code though, only about where they are defined.