On 1/21/2012 15:49, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Paul Robinson wrote:

 >>> That (PASCALMAIN) will have to change, the object file format for
 >>> 370 machines limits a CSECT to 8 characters, with the optional
 >>> characters @ # and $. So I might call it MAIN or possibly #MAIN.
 >>> (On the PDP/11, most operating systems (RT-11, RSTS/E, RSX)
 >>> defined the main program in any language as ".MAIN." )
 >>
 >> If I understand you correctly, then you might confuse label names
 >> with section names.
 >
 > No, I know exactly what I mean. Label and section names are under the
 > same rules in an assembler program on the 370, and a CSECT in 370
 > Assembly language

I suspect that this will depend on the target operating system, so the Linux ABI
may differ from e.g. MUSIC/SP.

ABI means what? for those of us reading and trying to keep up ;) this might even be something new to those attempting to work on such a port task ;)