On 7-2-2012 12:20, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Hans-Peter Diettrich said:
That depends on decisions still to be made. If we also support 1-byte RTL, it will still be on the level of winNT. But I do think that a win9x vs winnt split is unavoidable in time. Specially since otherwise one gets in the current situation that win9x is occasionally fixed for a release, but in reality constantly broken in between. _______________________________________________ fpc-devel maillist - fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
I do not think that you will break anything if you make W api or A api default based on platform. This can be switched in the winapi units. That will take little effort, as I explained: we did it already for KOL.