On Tue, 1 May 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 30 April 2012 14:22, Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> wrote:

What is the decision of FPC-core?

Still the same. I'm waiting till it is suffiently tested to merge it back.

OK, am I understanding this correctly. One core member, Michael, say
there is no decision yet (revert or keep). Then another core
developer, you, say the change will stay and trunk changes will be
merged back into 2.6.1 when trunk is tested????

WTF?!#@! Core members can't agree on what is happening in FPC. The
left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!! And who suffers,
the FPC users and framework developers.

Graeme, please calm down. No need to get excited.

As I said, the matter is under discussion on Core. Discussions take time. Marco's and my mail just crossed, that's all.

The way things are looking now, the merge will be undone, I will be doing it
myself.

However, be advised that the change to TBytes will be done after 2.6.2 is out, (so, in 2.6.3) and TBookmarkStr will be marked 'Deprecated' in 2.6.1 to indicate the upcoming change.

This will allow for testing in trunk and will give people time to adapt their code to work with both branches.

At the same time, we're slowly moving forward the 2.6 branch to a more Delphi
2009+
compatible state, which was Marco's initial goal.