Fuxin Zhang wrote:
Hello everybody,

  I am Fuxin Zhang from lemote, now we are working on mips support of fpc.
Hope you guys can help us to accelerate the process, a lots of users are
waiting for this(see at the end of copied mail between me and Florian if
interested).
  Lemote can donate developer machines to who want to help.

And my progress and problems:
  I've got the source from subversion and tried to build it in ubuntu
11.10 x86-64 machine. With the following patch and commands, I can get a
partly working ppcrossmipsel(it can at least build a helloworld and
runnable):
patch:

It seems that the PIC support for mipsel is somehow broken,to fix this I
have to learn more about the ppc logic. Could you please fix it or give me
some hints? I have some experiences on general compiler materials and
quite familiar with low level things like as/ld etc.

To fix the linking issue, I've also tried to use -xgot option of as which
can make use of an 32 bit got table, but it doesn't work. I think probably
it works only with -fPIC.

Welcome to the list, it's nice to have you in here. I've still got a (non-MIPS) development system set up with this, so I'll at least try to build the current version.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk