Am 22.07.2012 13:44, schrieb Martin Schreiber:
On Sunday 22 July 2012 13:23:50 Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Martin Schreiber said:
I don't think it's the best. I'm also quite sure it will require more
work from you in the long run, keeping them up to date and merging bug
fixes and new features from FPC back into your fork.

I doubt it, the experience shows the opposite. :-)

AFAIK TObject is the only class which depends on compiler magic? Are
there other classes which can not be duplicated?

Pretty much anything in the system and dialect units (objpas, macpas,
objc, iso7185) is/can be(come) tightly bound to the compiler. The rest
should be safe.

So classes.pp except for TObject is safe?

Afaik yes. Exception is in sysutils (magic too ?), tobject is in objpas.

Ah, yes. So whole classes unit is independent from compiler. Super. :-)

I wouldn't bet on it though.