21.08.2012 10:32, ABorka пишет:
That requires masm to compile the project.

Likewise, using "-al" requires GNU AS to compile. The latter is typically installed together with FPC, so it just works transparently.

What I actually want is to see the disassembled code from my project (as Intel
Syntax assembly code)
to look at how the win32 and win64 code is optimized and then to fine tune the
pascal source.

FPC does not generate *disassembled* code. It generates code that is subject to be assembled - either with internal assembler or by one of external tools.

"-al" (and in general any "-a") switch implies using an external assembler, which is GNU AS by default on most targets. It can be overridden with "-A". Thus, "-al -Amasm" will generate MASM format listing with line information inserted.

For the purposes of reading assembler source you can also add "-s" switch, which will stop after producing the listing (MASM output probably won't assemble even if you have ml.exe available).

1. The objdump ("objdump.exe" and "x86_64-win64-objdump.exe") utility from the
binutils programs
works and displays the code with the -Mintel option as Intel syntax from the
"*.o" files, however
when I try to see the line numbers (objdump.exe -l ...) and source code lines
(objdump.exe -S ...)
it does not put them in the right places within the disassembled code.

As an example, I used:
objdump.exe -d -Mintel -w -l -S -EL something.o > something.disassembled

This may be an issue to fix (or maybe not, given that gdb usually locates source lines correctly using the same line information from the object files).

2. The fpc "-al" flag generates a nice "*.s" assembler file during compilation,
where everything is
in place, except it is not Intel syntax assembly but AT&T.

Anyone had experience with something like this (display the disassembled code
of a project
unit/object_file in Intel syntax, with source code lines)?

Thanks for any help

Regards,
Sergei