Am 25.10.2012 14:11, schrieb luiz americo pereira camara:

2012/10/25 Sven Barth <pascaldra...@googlemail.com <mailto:pascaldra...@googlemail.com>>

    Am 25.10.2012 01:55 schrieb "luiz americo pereira camara"
    <luiz...@oi.com.br <mailto:luiz...@oi.com.br>>:

    > Regarding Delphi compatibility, currently fpc already lacks much
    features in areas like attributes, anounimous methods, generics,
    interfaces, unicode and some will never land at fpc.

    - for anonymous methods exists a branch with an initial
    implementation though this is currently on hiatus :(

If i remember correct, core developers stated in mail list discussion that it was unlikely to be implemented in fpc since diverges from pascal style coding

Here you need to remember the point of a open source project: if there is someone who wants it implemented then he/she can implement it. This was the case here: Some community member stepped up and started to implement anonymous methods, but then either his time or his motivation left him...

Please note that it was the same with me: I wanted to see class helpers implemented which I did. And now see where I am: I'm the one who mainly works on generics (and helper types) and have also revived a platform thought lost forever...

    - what do you miss for interfaces?

Delegation: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=4842
I personally don't consider this a missing feature (after all delegation itself works already), but more a bug...

BTW: i just hope that this new syntax features does not affect the generated code for those not using it

Most of the features should not influence you. Only affecting changes might be the extended RTTI (increase in executable size if enabled - and for the RTL units it might need to be enabled) and if the switch from AnsiString to UnicodeString should come...