Sergei Gorelkin wrote:
30.11.2012 1:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

Running the program using the modified GDB, I get the same as before:

0 1>markMLl@pye-dev-07d:~$ which gdb
/usr/local/bin/gdb
0 1>markMLl@pye-dev-07d:~$ gdb /usr/local/bin/ppcmips
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
..
(gdb) set arg -h
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ppcmips -h

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x0043eb88 in SYSUTILS_$$_UNIXTOWINAGE$LONGINT$$LONGINT ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0043eb88 in SYSUTILS_$$_UNIXTOWINAGE$LONGINT$$LONGINT ()
#1 0x0043fa6c in SYSUTILS_$$_FINDGETFILEINFO$ANSISTRING$TSEARCHREC$$BOOLEAN ()
#2  0x0043fdc4 in SYSUTILS_$$_FINDNEXT$TSEARCHREC$$LONGINT ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)

This was caused by insufficient alignment of Double-typed temp variables, fixed in r23146. Moreover, it appeared that function UnixToWinAge wasn't doing anything useful since year 2005, so it was removed in r23145, making FindFirst/FindNext routines somewhat faster (and able to run without FPU).

Now I am able to run the big-endian MIPS compiler on QEMU. Hoping you'll be able to reproduce it, too.

I'll see what I can do, but I've not got any real hardware running here which is causing me problems (Qemu performance isn't brilliant).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk