On Monday 24 December 2012 10:23:00 Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 24.12.2012 07:48 schrieb "Martin Schreiber" <mse00...@gmail.com>:

> > > Not Delphi 2009+ btw, which allow UTF8 identifiers.
> >
> > What will FPC do?
>
> As I already wrote there are currently no plans to change that FPC supports
> only ASCII identifiers.

I don't think we can trust on that. I hoped that FPC will not use cpstrnew
too. So if somebody implements non ASCII identifiers because he needs a
second source Delphi compiler it will be merged because the addition does not
break existing code. I assume utf-8 identifiers would not be very difficult
to do in compiler.

Martin