On Sun, 23 Dec 2012, Den wrote:

Hi all,

    I must say, it is actually quite fun to be a part of the FPC Developers
mailing list, I don't know why I didn't join sooner.  Quite interesting
conversations and ideas, a little bit of bickering but very understanding
people in general, I like it.  I want to add my two cents before continuing to
the
point of this email:

  - I do like the FPC Community development style.  This means that if I want a
feature I can add it myself, which I've done.  All it takes is a proposal,
some others come in with similar experience with Pascal and recommend a few
fair changes which all makes sense.

  - Florian is correct.  It's quite easy to make a compiler.  If you need it,
just build it.  I've made a Virtual Compiler of a programming language I
invented in the past, which had it's own Virtual Runtime (executed with
Assembly of course) for FUN.  It really isn't that hard.  The one difference
is, with
Free Pascal, you get to be a part of a group which is fun.

Now down to the actual point of the email:

  -- May I get my patch here ( http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21848)
approved and in trunk? I've been using it in 2.6.x and 2.7.x for awhile now and
it works quite nicely.  I did the INCLUDESTRINGFILE as requested. ^_^

It was on my todo list for the X-mas holidays. It has been in Mantis far too
long,
so expect to see it applied soon :-)