On 04/03/2013 01:47, Boian Mitov wrote:
Strongly disagree.
Anonymous methods are a critical feature of any mother language, and allow vast improvements of the code and the readability. I recently started rewriting our libraries with anonymous methods and that alone allowed for cutting over 20000 lines of code, while adding vast number of new features. Any language that does not support anonymous methods is just a joke IMHO.

Really, just by dropping the names? Or did you mean, you did all that by using closures?

From what I can see, anonymous methods are just like the above code...
allowing a declaration of a procedure/method in-line inside a code block
where in shouldn't belong. It is very, very un-Pascal like. The end
result is unreadable code, probably hard to debug etc.

Closures, do not need to be written/declared in the middle of other code (in-line)