On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Michael Schnell wrote:

Hi Experts.

I would happily try to do something like that myself, but at least for the rest of this year I will not find the time :( . But as this thought comes in my mind, I now try to collect information on this issue.

I am having a déjà vu :-)

I have told you many years ago on these very mailing lists that what you need to do is create a TCustomApplication" descendant which implements a simple event loop. This can be done based on libevent, fpasync, lnet, glib event loop, dbus or some other custom-made mechanism.

If memory serves me well, MSEGUI contains such an event loop descendent using a
custom made mechanism.

There is nothing magical about such an application. Basically, it watches one
or more
file descriptors (object handles in windows-speak) for changes, using a timeout,
and triggers some event handler when something happens. It calls checksynchronize from time to time. That's it.

It should not take more than an hour to implement.