Sven Barth schrieb:
On 08.01.2014 19:57, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

It looks to me, however, that no conversion occurs at all!
The strings are only concatenated as they are.
Same for a concatenation of (global) RawByteString variables.

This of course were not a desireable implementation :-(

I'm inclined to say "of course", because in your "test" function you are concatenating two RawByteStrings which - by definition - don't do any conversion.

I cited what I've been told in the EMBT groups - that a conversion is made when required. Everything else doesn't make sense.

DoDi