Am 21.07.2014 10:29 schrieb "LacaK" <la...@zoznam.sk>:

> Hi,
> When I work with f.e. TFileStream I need often write string into stream.
> Now I use:
>  Stream1.WriteBuffer(s[1], length(s));
>
> I think, that for convenience it will be useful having something like:
> procedure TStream.WriteString(const s: string);
>  begin
>    WriteBuffer(s[1], length(s)*sizeof(char);
>  end;
>
> In FPC we now have for user convenience also WriteByte, WriteWord,
WriteQWord (which all calls WriteBuffer)

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE3/en/System.Classes.TStream.WriteData

> Do you think, that something similar can be added also in FPC ?

There is already a WriteAnsiString (
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tstream.writeansistring.html
) with the difference that it also writes out the length. Adding an
additional overload (especially with a name like WriteString) would IMHO be
confusing because of this.

Nothing stops you though from writing a class helper that adds a
WriteString method to TStream.