On Tue, September 9, 2014 10:20, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
 .
 .
> I was wondering whether a completely empty program would be a better
> test than a "Hello, World!". Could a completely empty program be
> recognised by the compiler etc. as a special case and built with only
> minimal RTL initialisation, specifically as a test that a program will
> load and terminate in good order i.e. that FPC and the OS are
> compatible? Or is there a set of portable options that will already do
> this, which could be documented prominently?
>
> After all, there's been comparable issues on ARM, and there might be
> more on various platforms in the future.

Isn't there a risk that behaviour of a program not doing anything might
look the same as behaviour of a program failing/crashing before doing what
it was asked to do?

In addition, what is the supposed difference between an "empty program"
and program "built with only minimal RTL initialisation"?

Tomas