On 20.09.2014 13:11, Peter Popov wrote:
Please do not reference count TObject. This is a uniquely bad and
unnecessary idea. I will switch to ANSI C if you guys do it

Please enlighten me why you think it is bad. Give reasons and don't be like "a farmer doesn't eat what he doesn't know" (rough translation of a German proverb).

And just to give you a reason *for* reference counted objects: they would finally allow to use operator overloads on classes, because then temporarily created objects are created correctly (think about an expression like "a * (b + c)" with classes).

Please also note that I said that I don't consider them to be the holy grail especially considering that I know of some of the technial problems one needs to face when implementing them in an already existing language.

Regardts,