From: Michael Schnell
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:54 AM
To: fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel] Question about Syntax: I there a reason for this
design?

On 09/21/2014 06:36 PM, Boian Mitov wrote:

  I consider it a design bug that local functions can’t be passed as anonymous
methods in Delphi. There is no reason for that not to be done, except that they
did not bother.

???
Local functions can use local variables of the outer function. Same are
logically undefined outside the outer function and technically stack based.
Hence  a local function can't be passed anywhere.

-Michael