Paul Michell wrote:
I'm currently trying to build 2.7.1 from SVN on the latest Raspbian
(2014-09-09).
I've previously built this with either 2.6.0 from the repository, or with
Thaddy de Koning's build from March 2014.

Currently, neither of these will build 2.7.1 on a Raspberry Pi.  So I have also
tried with the generic arm-linux
release archive (fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar).  This installed without error and I
can compile projects on the Pi with it.

However, when trying to build 2.7.1 (make all) it creates a compiler binary,
but fails whilst compiling fpmake.
This looks similar to the bug 0024056 which is flagged as resolved.  The
solution suggested there is to install
build-essential, but this is installed by default on Raspbian, so I think there
must be something else wrong?

Could anyone suggest what I could try now?

last month I was able to cycle a linux/arm compiler from r28726 using linux/x86 in the compiler dir:

make cycle OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm CROSSOPT="-CpARMV6 -CfVFPV2 -OoFASTMATH" FPC=~/bin/ppc386_271

(ppc386_271 is my cycled trunk compiler, build with 2.6)

I used this compiler to compile fpc (r28726) on PI using in the compiler dir.:
make cycle PP=~/bin/ppcarmhf OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF

(ppcarmhf is the compiler copied+renamed from the previous step)

with the resulting compiler I could compile all of r28726
(make install PREFIX=~ in compiler and rtl dir)

make all OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1

Marc