On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, ListMember wrote:

On 2014-10-27 09:39, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, ListMember wrote:

On 2014-10-27 00:00, Sven Barth wrote:
      On 26.10.2014 12:17, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldra...@googlemail.com
            <mailto:pascaldra...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

Definitely not. We are in Pascal and there such directives are
                placed afterwards.

how about these:

1) 'record' ---> 'packed record'
2) AVariable: Integer absolute AnotherVariable.

Weak is a modifier, just as static, cdecl, external etc.

In Pascal, modifiers are placed after the thing they modify.

'absolute' modifies AVariable. That just confirms the above rule.

To me, 'weak' is modifying the type rather than the variable itself (much like 'packed record').

That is a wrong way of thinking, because the type itself is not modified at all.
The behaviour of the variable is modified.