Am 17.12.2014 22:37, schrieb Ralf Quint:
On 12/17/2014 12:38 PM, rpzrpz...@gmail.com wrote:

Ralf, Such passion for obsolescence...
Thanks!

What is the use case other than a hobby and pride for OS/2 support?
What ever the user wants to do! Who are you to tell other people what is a valid use case or not?!?

And just for your information, OS/2 (now under the name eComStation) is still a commercially available OS (http://www.ecomstation.com/).

I am a professional working developer,
and I am still using two OS/2 development machines
to build software, most of the time written in ANSI C,
which is targetted in the end to other platforms like
Unixes or z/OS mainframe, but OS/2 still is the development
platform I like most. And I use it almost every day. The IBM
compilers and debuggers etc. are superb, I also use (old versions of)
Oracle and DB2 on this platform and many own - portable - libraries
for XML processing, for example, and other interesting tasks.

I would like to help Tomas in his efforts, but at the moment
I have no time .. maybe next year.

Kind regards

Bernd

But in your case, as good old Mr. Thomas Gray said, "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

Ralf

---