On Thu, 15 Oct 2015, Marco van de Voort wrote:

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
same format.

Yes, this would be a problem. But wouldn't this be an acceptable price for
the improvement?

No, it is not that simple. Lazarus would stop working completely.

Sets have a size that is a function of the number of elements. (delphi mode
per byte, fpc mode per 32-bit). I don't see how raising the max number of
elements would affect Lazarus. F(nr of elements) would still give the same
allocation size.

Well. Streaming allows max 32 elements in a set.
Since the current max size (256) is above that raising it, will not matter.

I wrote too quickly, it will not affect lazarus...