I've split the code, as you said.
With the factor 1000, it did not err in within about 75s compiled.
The source had it about 1,000,000 rows. rows.

program test;

procedure p0;
begin
  WriteLn(0);
  WriteLn(1);
  WriteLn(2);
end;

procedure p1;
begin
  WriteLn(2);
  WriteLn(3);
  WriteLn(4);
end;

procedure p2;
begin
  WriteLn(4);
  WriteLn(5);
  WriteLn(6);
end;

begin
  p0;
  p1;
  p2;
end.

mfg Mathias

Am 14.01.2016 um 19:07 schrieb Jonas Maebe:

Whether or not it can be compiled is unrelated to the language of course, but to the compiler. We indeed only develop FPC for use with procedures that don't have an extreme size, because that way the compiler uses less memory and is faster. Since such massive routines are often indeed only present in case of machine-generated code, and since in that case you can usually easily adapt your generation to split up the code in multiple routines, there's not much incentive to change this (other than being able to say "yes, we can handle this").