On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 20:35:52 -0300
Daniel Gaspary <dgasp...@gmail.com> wrote:

Since FPC 3.00 has a new Unicode support I was wondering about that.

AFAIK, support to Unicode(Or only UTF8?) was the main reason to the
existence of the units Laz2_Dom, Laz2_XmlRead/Write, etc.

Both supports Unicode.
The main difference is they use UTF-8 strings instead of UTF-16
strings. This saves memory and avoid conversions when using UTF-8
strings in your application.
They also have some flags like xrfPreserveWhiteSpace, which preserves
indentation.

Meanwhile this is also possible in fcl-xml AFAIK.

I think the main difference is the use of UTF8 versus UTF16.