On Mon, 21 Mar 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

The RTL *must* be compileable with the latest release. You need to use
ifdefs to ensure that.

If a "make all" at the top level with a FPC 3.0.0 does not work then your
branch won't be merged. Simple as that...

So what should I do? Additional compiler $DEFINE RECORD_OPERATORS?
FPC_FULLVERSION seems not sufficient. The change for records RTTI is
required to adopt record operators, seems like I am locked. Or maybe should
I just continue my work in branch don't looking at trunk (just for fun).

No need for that.

You just need to {$IFNDEF VER3_0} all record operators code.

A make cycle compiles 3 times.

During a make cycle you must start with 3.0.0, this will compile the RTL
with 3.0.0 and this excludes record operators.

During the second compile, it will be with the latest compiler, so VER3_1_1,
which will include the record operators code, and all will be well.