On Mon, 30 May 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

Let me first finish the packages stuff as that will lead to a breaking
change in the RTTI binary format (PPTypeInfo instead of PTypeInfo,
necessary due to Windows' PE format) and I don't want to add any new RTTI
stuff before this is dealt with.

I do not want to grumble, but... Release date for packages? It is really
painful. Maybe you need some support? My work with smart pointers is almost
done and after smart pointers release I can put effort into packages. The
work of other developers outside FPC core team (also my work) is blocked
for more than half a year... or even more.

This is not an argument.

I will repeat: FPC is and remains a hobby project for the core team.

Expecting some kind of timeline is simply deceiving yourself.