On 29.08.2017 7:54, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
This will not be enabled by default. If anything a modeswitch will be added so that users are aware that what they'll write will not be compatible with Delphi.

Any chance to get the (last) patch in issue #32355 reviewed? Somehow I have the feeling that I always hear "patches are welcome" but consequently my patches are ignored and then they just get forgotten if I don't remind several times.

Btw. when you are so strict about disabling helper inheritance due to Delphi compatibility why do you allow C-like operators in Delphi mode by default?

program Cop;

{$mode delphi}

var
  I: Integer;
begin
  I := 0;
  I += 1;
end.

... and they even have their COPERATORS directive.

Ondrej