On 31/10/17 11:47, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
Am 30.10.2017 um 19:46 schrieb C Western:
On 29/10/17 22:18, Florian Klämpfl wrote:

I have committed your lastest patch with a few changes: the loop entry is
aligned now to 16 bytes, I
used movb instead of movbzl and inc instead of add. For me (Haswell CPU) this
works better. I think
also these changes are better on average.

With this patch on x86_64 linux lazarus crashes at random places, but quite
frequently, and

My mistake, I fixed it.

CompareByte seems to be implicated. Should the zero exit be:

xorl    %rax, %rax

No, this is fine. This clears also the upper 32 bit.

You can probably tell I haven't done much assembler programming recently. I am happy to confirm that lazarus now seems much more stable.

Thanks

Colin